The Mackintosh House is a central feature of the Hunterian Art Gallery. It comprises the reassembled principal interiors from 78 Southpark Avenue (formerly 6 Florentine Terrace), Glasgow, home of the Mackintoshes from 1906 to 1914. The rooms have been decorated to Mackintosh's designs, and are furnished with the original Mackintosh furniture.
The original house was demolished in the early 1960s but as much as could be salvaged of the original fittings, including fireplaces, windows, doors and skirtings – many of them to Mackintosh's design – was removed and put in store to enable the future reassembly of the hall, dining room, studio, drawing room, and and principal bedroom. The interiors were subsequently reconstructed as an integral part of the new home for the University's Art Collections, the Hunterian Art Gallery, and opened to the public in 1981 as The Mackintosh House.